Maria Ammon, Professor Dr. phil. habil. Dipl. Psych.
There are barely any articles in the literature of the recent years about peace ability itself. However, some authors deal with the prerequisites for peace ability which are altruism, and ethical attitudes such as guilt or forgiveness, to name a few of them. Some of the prerequisites are examined more in detail. Additionally, there are many different points of view on how peace ability and through that peace could be achieved. Further, it will be discussed how G. Ammon detached himself from the Freudian understanding of instincts and what his principle of social energy means for dynamic psychiatric psychotherapy und society itself. The philosophical aspect of the issues of identity and peaceability will be considered. Lastly, the paper reveals ideas how to prevent violence and what kind of new forms of solidarity must be developed in times of social challenges.
Professor Dr. habil. Dr. phil. Dr. h. c., Dipl. Psych. Maria Ammon
- Psychoanalyst and psychotherapist
- Group psychotherapist
- Training + Control Analyst
- Scientific head of the Berliner Lehr- und Forschungsinstitut der Deutschen Akademie für Psychoanalyse (DAP)
- Former therapeutic managing director of the dynamic-psychiatric hospital Menterschwaige, Munich for more than 30 years
- President of the German Academy for Psychoanalysis (DAP)
- Executive secretary of the World Association for Dynamic Psychiatry (WADP)
- Doctor of philosophy 2001
- Dr. habil. 2004
- Honorary Doctor of the Bekhterev Institute St. Petersburg 2006
- Professor of the Bekhterev Institute St. Petersburg 2012
- Advisor ex-officio WPA Section Psychoanalysis in Psychiatry
Main scientific and research interest are: in the field of schizophrenia, transgenerational transmission of traumata, new brain research, androgyny, creativity and happiness. The basis for my research activities and therapeutic activity is a holistic comprehension of personality.