We will start with an update on the current understanding and practices, and the ethical implications of the biotechnological advances in the domain of transsexualism. The child and adolescent psychiatrist is in many clinics part of a multidisciplinary team, that deals with prepubertal and adolescents who ask to change their gender, especially when there is a question of suicidal risk. The ethical dilemmas linked to the child and adolescent psychiatrist’s role in this context will be discussed.
C.V. Prof. Sam TYANO
MD. ,FIPA. ,FAPA., FRCPsych., FWPA
Current Position -Professor Emeritus in Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at theTel Aviv University – School of Medicine After 50 years of teaching.
Positions held – Invited Professor to Lille and Strasbourg program of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in France ( 1993 and 2003 )
-Invited Professor of Child And AdolescentPsychiatry To the Bechterev Research Center – Saint Petersburgin Russia
- Head of the National Commission on Mental Health in Israel
- Honorary life President of the Israeli Child and adolescent association.
-Vice president of IACAPAP
-Member of theWPA EC ( 2002 – 2008 )
- Vice President of the WADP
-Chair of the WPA standing Committee on Ethics
-Co Chair of the current WPA Com. on ethics
-Member of the EPA Committee on Ethics
- 8 Books and Manuals on Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- 250 Scientific Publications in International Psy. Journals
- The Annual Prize of the WAIMH ( World Association of Infant Mental Health ) ( 2018 )